Friday, February 5, 2010

Held in the midst of grief

As a wild bird finding itself suddenly in captivity, my heart flutters furiously. Raging against the confines of my ribs, throbbing in my chest, caged in grief, it is aching for release from a silent prison. Breathless tears lock away the torment of a dream lost, grief unknown, unclaimed.

Now, once again, I am learning to surrender. To be held in the midst of loss. On my knees trusting a God that I cannot see, whose plans I cannot understand. And overall, through all and in all, learn that His love, His grace is sufficient in this moment.

For His glory...and In His Grip,

Jenni Sue

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At February 6, 2010 at 9:37 PM , Blogger Stephanie Bishop said...

I can't ever make it through that song. I was in a dance class a couple of years ago where the teacher choreographed a dance to it and it was extremely difficult to hold it together. The lyrics are full of truth, but hard to hear.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home